Construction Head (South Project)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, manage and lead the Construction in all aspects by developing/ formulating construction plans and spearheading the execution/ implementation of said plans. Highly focused in meeting organizational objectives, particularly the delivery of units.
- Oversee selection and coordination of subcontractors/project team working on various phases of multiple projects.
- Review architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts, and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Track and control construction schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within set timelines and allocated budget.
- Report to senior management on progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem necessary
- Strategic Planning – Work with senior leadership to develop long term plans for the organization around growth and development of construction capacity.
- Oversee the management of construction team and schedules related to the day-to-day operations.
- Review progress reports, check on any reported difficulties, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition measures, ensure timely and accurate reporting of project costs, and monitor payables for project.
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly.
- Work with the EVP to develop a cost-effective budget, schedule and tracking system for completion of multiple projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Engineering or BS-Architecture graduate, must be a licensed Architect /Engineer from an accredited college or university, Licensed and MBA a plus
- With at least five 5 – 8 years experience in construction work and in a managerial level
- Need to be forward planners with exceptional people skills and ability to present ideas and negotiate. Good problem solving skills are essential
- Proficient in both written and oral communication skills; has great interpersonal relation skills and excellent presentation skills.