Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for close coordination with development and end-users to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases.
- Ensures effective performance of databases by closely coordinating with the end-users and responding to their issues and concerns.
- Schedules and coordinates programs and projects; provides administrative support to cross-functional departments and to management.
- Determines user requirements, sets up computer databases, tests and coordinates changes.
- Administers organization’s database using database management systems to organize and store data.
- Handles monitoring of performance and managing the parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Modifies database programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
- Performs database design and implementation for DB2, Z/QS databases including SQL analysis, performance tuning, back -up and recovery.
- Reviews and corrects programs; confers with users to determine the impact of database changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes in the database.
- Graduate of BS Computer Science or any computer-related course
- With at least three (3) years work experience in Information Technology, including one (1) year experience in database management